Selectboard Members Present: Ken Cota-Chair, Scott
Present: Billy Baker Jr. - Road Commissioner, Robert Cummings, Charlie
Hancock - Planning and Conservation Commission , Mark Brouillette -
Water System Operator, Joe Sherman, Deanna Robtaile - Asst
Clerk/Treasurer, & Renee Patterson- Town Clerk/Treasurer.
Ken called the meeting to order at 6:33 p.m.
- Corrections to the November 17th minutes, para 2.d. change
clearance from 5 ft, to 8ft. Motion to accept with amendment made
by Scott seconded by Carol passed 3-0.
- The minutes from October 27th were accepted as written on a 3-0
vote , motion made by Scott and seconded by Ken.
2. Road Commissioner Time & Roads &
- The temporary bridge is open and the Longley Covered
Bridge closed pending repairs/restoration. The Town will apply
for the reimbursement of $175,000 from the State as soon as the
installation invoice is received from St. Onge construction. Ken
is authorized to sign the reimbursement (grant) paperwork away from the
- The FEMA worksheets for
reimbursement funds are complete. FEMA
Update will remain on the Agenda. The final amount was
- Machinery Billing procedures
were discussed and will remain unchanged for the remainder of the year
but stopped in 2012.
- Bob Cummins requested the Board consider installing a guard rails
near his driveway on the Nutting Rd. The Road Commissioner and
the Board felt this area was one of many that could use them throughout
the town higway
system and we couldn't do them all. Board members not
familiar with the area will check it out. Putting up other
barriers, like boulders,
would unduely narrow the road.
- Charlie Hancock, Joe Sherman and the Board discussed a proposal
received from Roy Schiff, Phd, PE Water Resource Scientist and
Engineer, Milone & Mac Broom, Inc. regarding a study to come up
with flood mitigation alternatives for the Black Falls and West Hill
Brooks, and the Trout River. Charlie will attempt to get more
on proposed deliverables and possible grant funding. Charlie
indicated the Conservation Commission would discuss taking on
4. Water Commission:
- Repairs to the 118 Pump Station Irene damage are
- Mark is finalizing estimates for the replacement of the hydrant
struck by a vehicle. Deanna will follow up with the driver's
- The Commission reviewed a list of deliquent accounts
and authorized the disconnection proceedings for the accounts presented
(list attached to recorded copy). This was done on a motion by
Scott, seconded by Ken and approved 3-0.
- The Commission reviewed the System bond policy and decided to
implement the policy of one bond payment per curb stop on a motion by
Scott, seconded by Carol approved 3-0.
- The Commission reviewed all 189 customer accounts and made
adjustments to the bond portion of the accounts (attached to the
recorded minutes) to better reflect actual use. Motion was made
seconded by Ken and approved 3-0.
- Scott reported that the State has not approved the renewal of the
System's Permit to Operate and was now asking for an updated Source
Protection Plan as a condition of the permit renewal. Scott was
authorized to draft and sign a letter away from the table providing an
administrative update to the SPP on a motion made by Ken, seconded by
Scott and approved 3-0.
- No action was taken on Dog Issues or Ordinance. Carol will
continue to work. Dog Ordinance Issues
will remain under Old Business
- Hazard Mitigation Grants: No action, will remain
under Old Business
- Town Office Renovations: No action, will remain
under Old Business
- There will be a budget review at the next meeting.
9. New Business:
- The Dog Officer has resigned due to health reasons. The
Town will post the vacancy. Carol will contact the Franklin
County Humane Society to see what services we might be able to contract.
- Scott reported we had received an inquiry to underwrite Town web
site pages from a non-Montgomery resident/property owner. The
Board had no problem with this.
- Ken reported concerns relayed to him regarding overnight
on Town property. The Board will consider a possible ordinance
prohibiting this at future meetings.
10. The Board opened the mail and signed the orders.
11. The meeting was adjourned at 9:30 on a motion by Carol,
seconded by Scott, passing 3-0.